1. How is a certified professional home organizer different than a house cleaner?
As professional home organizers, we do not clean your home like a typical house cleaner would. Our job is to carefully observe how our clients use their space and help them discover the purpose of their possessions. We will help declutter and figure out how and where to best place items while creating organizational systems that can be maintained long-term.
2. What do organizing sessions and packages include?
- Pre-session planning
- 1 hour of product sourcing and fulfillment services (products to be purchased by client if applicable).
- Customized sessions
- Donation and clean trash removal (1 car load per session. We cannot remove large furniture, but can help arrange for pick up from other service providers).
- Communication around your project for up to 4 weeks post project
- Post-session customized maintenance system
3. What does the home organizing process look like?
A review of the process can be found on the “Process” page.
4. My house is a mess! Do I need to clean first?
We are experienced working in all types of environments, so please don’t worry about cleaning your house before we arrive. It’s actually best for us to see your house in its natural state so we can recognize areas that would benefit from new organizational systems.
5. What additional products will I have to purchase?
This completely depends on your preference and the look you desire. Most spaces can be organized using resources that you may already have in your home, however, if you are looking for a more uniform or polished look, there are products we can recommend for you to purchase. The client is responsible for the cost of any additional products.
6. What payment methods are accepted?
We currently accept cash, credit, PayPal, and Venmo.
7. What is your confidentiality policy?
Confidentiality, as stated in the ASPO Code of Ethics, is strictly maintained. We do ask that anything private, dangerous, or potentially embarrassing be put away before our arrival (i.e. weapons, pornography, etc.). If stuff turns up unexpectedly, rest assured, we are here to help, not judge.
8. When is payment due for services?
A deposit of 50% is due at the signing of your service agreement, and the remaining balance is due prior to starting your first session. We request payment in advance to secure your time slot and to help you stay committed to this investment in yourself.
9. What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
We understand that life happens and things can come up unexpectedly. With a minimum of a 48 hour notice, we can get you rescheduled for a different date and time at no additional cost. Any cancellations requested less than 48 hours in advance will be charged a $100.00 cancellation fee.